Warm weather is perfect for this salad. Serve with meat or fish of your choice.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (rinsed well to remove bitterness)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2-3 fresh mint sprigs, leaves removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves, or parsley
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- A handful of sweet and ripe cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion or 2 chopped shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Cook the quinoa in 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups water, covered, until all of the water is absorbed. Scoop the cooked quinoa into a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Toss lightly with a fork until combined. Taste test and adjust seasonings. Cover and chill – the longer, the better.